Carleton EWB is a place for everyone! Anyone is welcome to join regardless of previous experience with issues related to international development. We are not just a group of engineers, we invite students from all faculties and departments to join us in our journey of creating a more inclusive and equitable world.
Our office is the spot where you will most likely find our members discussing current issues from around the world. Our office has space for casual discussions on couches as well as study space on our main table.
Each semester, we host Coffeehouses, local soccer/hockey tournament, the Global Engineering Youth Summit, Member Learning sessions, and much more. During the pandemic, we’re continuing to run online events, so we can keep chatting, learning, and fundraising from afar.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Volunteer With Us
You can get involved with EWB as a Director, or as a volunteer!
As a Director, you will work in close collaboration with one of our executive members. Applications for Director positions typically open during the second week of school. Not only do directorships help grow our community and activism, but they are also excellent opportunities for personal growth. There is a large variety of roles and responsibilities of directors, including:
- Graphic design: creating advertisement posters and updating this website
- Preparing and delivering presentations to high school and university students
- Organizing events with other Carleton clubs and the Faculty of Engineering and Design, such as sports tournaments and coffeehouses
- And many more!
You don’t have to be a director to be a part of our community; we are always busy with our events and advocacy, so we always have something for you to do if you want to help out for a short period of time.
Participate in events such as:
- Intramural sports tournaments
- Member Learnings, short presentations where we explain what EWB is, and how we help the world.